Roughly in chronological order:
- Violin teacher and one quarter of a string quartet
- Fundraiser and campaigner for forests at tws
- Undergraduate arts critic and radio announcer
- Library assistant at a Brisbane university
- Event organiser at Monash University; at an organisation for social justice for people with disabilities; then finally for a massive trade show of mobile phones in London
- Writer of Replies to Letters on behalf of the Lord Mayor of Brisbane
- Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive of the Royal Albert Hall; the Premier of Victoria; and to one of Australia's most distinguished academic economists
- Hand on an olive farm in Tuscany; then one in Sicily
- Receptionist at a very lonely desk outside a state government department in Victoria (where I started blogging)
- Clerk on a building site, then a mine site in north Queensland
- Barista at Squires coffee shop in Townsville
- Freelance writer, at home in my pyjamas
Most recently I have been working at home as a full-time carer for our cat. It may be time to spread my wings a bit.
Quite frankly I'm surprised I haven't worked in a bookshop yet. It seems an obvious choice - but maybe it's not just browsing all day long?
What do you think I should do next?