Friday, February 10, 2006

Itching for March

Is anyone else having trouble with February? I’m finding February really tough. I don’t want to whinge, but … it’s all I’ve got. The whingeing is pouring out of me. I’m crotchety, irritable, clumsy, and itchy. Yes. Itchy. You want me to tell you about my rash, don’t you? I think it’s heat rash. It’s red and itchy, and it’s on the bases of my fingers. Initially I thought it was a burn from the hot steering wheel after the car had been left in the sun for an hour, but now I’m wondering if it’s not some gross fungus or bacteria. Thanks, the tropics.

I really meant it when I said that I was longing for the green hills of New Zealand. But we don’t get to see them until we have finished our February. February is filled with hard training for Hayden and hard hot slow unemployment for me. You’d think that because I’m unemployed it would be easier for me to get to the doctor to see about my rash, but none of the doctors around here are taking any new patients. That’s because there is a health crisis in Queensland. The Premier has offered to resign if he can’t fix it by the end of the year, but frankly, that’s not much use to me in February.

There’s a doctor in our street, but he’s a psychiatrist and his name is Dr Likely. I read that this morning and thought it was funny.

No comments: