Monday, January 16, 2006

This rain, it’s making me sad


We left a lounge room window open one night recently. It was the night of a big downpour, through which we both slept like babies. Water gushed. And gushed and gushed. A new lake formed in our lounge room. The floor there is tiled, which made the clean-up operation pretty straightforward (especially for me – Hayden had gotten up at 4am to go for a long run, and found the mini lake in the lounge room and cleared it mostly away even before I had woken up). But unfortunately not all of the water could be got at, and some of it has eked its way into the carpet in the next room. My study. Where I had all my important papers neatly arranged and filed. On the floor.

That was a couple of nights ago, and I have to say that I’m disappointed at the way the dampness hasn’t dissipated. And the smell hasn’t improved. I suppose this now calls for some kind of desperate cleaning and drying action. Ugh.

On a happier note, this is a picture of the rain on my potplants:












and this is a picture of a stone staircase to the sky, which has indeed turned blue again.

No comments: