Friday, December 05, 2008

Flying Home


Don't you love the little guys on these placemats?  I found them in our 'special things' cupboard, and I believe they once belonged to Hayden's Grandma.  They're different birds of New Zealand including, of course, the kiwi (that's the New Zealand Little Spotted Kiwi in the middle there).  This year it's Hayden's turn to have Christmas at home, and we'll be flying to New Zealand - just for a week - on December 23.   I wonder if there will be space on the Christmas table for them?

I am a bit sad to be missing Christmas in Brisbane with my half of the family, but I have to say that Christmas in New Zealand is pretty good too.  For one thing, it's often cool enough to enjoy a big warm lunch on Christmas day.  And for another thing, well, our last Christmas trip there did turn out to be really, really good.    

1 comment:

hp said...

Cool weather Christmasses are the best I have to say. nothing wrong with sun shine really - but there a place and time for everything. it's not really the best to get you into the xmas cozy, candlelit feeling :)
at least for a finn it's not.

talk soon! have a great weekend!!