Thursday, April 26, 2007

Another ANZAC




















This morning we went down to War Park to attend the dawn ceremony again. It was another beautiful and moving ceremony, but as usual I was really irritated by the sight of people wearing their grandfathers' medals pinned onto cheap ill-fitting suits or just plain shirts. I don't know what it is that gets to me so about it.

Anyway, as I'm a pacifist I thought I would spend the rest of the day doing a few of my favourite peaceful activities:

- pouring tea
- putting on my favourite clothes
- sittin on the front porch
- listening to a whole CD
- planting stuff in the garden

3 comments:

Drue said...

We had anza day ceremonies here.. but I didn't go. Apparetnly we missed out on some ANZAC buscuits.

But I am following the criket (if only through taxi rides and thier excitment of finding out that I'm Australian). Indians and Pakastani's are cricket mad!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like such an interesting event.

tunabake said...

i completely forgot...i was jetlagged so i'm forgiven...i don't hang out at 'walkabout' pubs and don't tend to be around other australians so it is easy to forget...next year i'll be able to celebrate it :)