Monday, December 11, 2006

All Photos By Hayden

Hayden has ramped up his triathlon training after deciding to have another crack at the New Zealand Ironman in March next year.

Quite often I find ways to come along and keep him company when he's training (for example, when we cycle on a 2km loop and I "race" him by trying not to let him lap me more than once every round), but yesterday I overstepped the mark entirely by entering a mini triathlon of my own while Hayden stood on the sidelines with the camera.


We swam the tranquil but lilly-infested Aplin’s Weir










cycled off into suburbia








and finished with a short run under the trees.
















I came away tired, but with a renewed appreciation for the riverside parks in the middle of Townsville, plus a brand new appreciation of how difficult it is to swim in a straight line without lane ropes beside you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

Naomi said...

Did you hear that, Hayden?