Monday, July 03, 2006

Visiting Toomulla





























Yesterday we visited the home of some friends in a beachside village to the north of here. It was one of those times when I got a glimpse of what life could be like if I was somehow freed from my innate inability to settle down in one place: a house facing the beach, a beautiful garden, all matching utensils and plates ...

Later, I took a quick look at Marny's exhaustive itinerary and I knew with a sinking feeling what it was that I really want.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dad used to say some people had sand in their shoes- they could stay put only so long before they had to move on again.

Naomi said...

Could be sand in my shoes .. but I think it's more like butterflies in my hair. I'm constantly distracted by things I've caught a glimpse of in the periphery.